Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FLOWERS!

Hello there!

I love making flowers!  They are fairly fast and easy to make, and there is never any "right or wrong" to making flowers as far as I'm concerned.

I never restrict myself in thinking that I MUST duplicate reality flowers.  I have waaaaay more imagination than that.  In my world, flowers can be any color, any shape, any anything, as long as when I look at them, they make me happy. 

So here are just some flowers I have made.

These are made out of fabric, lace, and tulle--all held together with a brad.  I like to take old clothing that I can't or don't want to wear anymore and die cut them into flowers.  I also buy remnants at the fabric store; I especially love it when I can find remnants of upholstery material with lots of texture.


A closer look at some of them!


An even closer look.  See all the layers?


Ohmygosh, I love this one!  So pretty!


LOVE THIS ONE TOO!


These are fun, don't you think?  They are made from felt.  So simple, so cute, so much FUN!


Here, I stamped on some TAC tags and added some pre-made flowers to them.  I used wide velvet ribbon and attached it to the tags using a mini safety pin!


I took premade silk flowers and decorated the fronts of envelopes (which was filled with all kinds of goodies)!

So!  How did you enjoy walking down flower lane with me?
As always, have fun and be sure to stop and make some flowers AND
when ever you create ART always include some sprinkles!
Yuki

1 comment:

KellyRae said...

Flowers are definitely a fun embellishment for cards, packages, hairclips and headbands! Fabric, paper, silk - they're all just marvelous.